Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My Son, My Brother


For the past two weeks, Josh has been asking a lot of questions about Christianity. Ben and I were getting really excited and praying that his little heart would be moved by God, but we waited patiently for him to really show us that he understood what everything meant.

Last night at dinner, he asked Ben and I to help him become a Christian. So we sat him down and explained that making the decision to follow Jesus is the most important thing he will ever do. We explained all the hows and whys and whats about Christianity, but it didn't seem like he really cared about that. I asked him if he understood, and he said "Mom, I just want Jesus to live in my heart."

When Gillian became a Christian (also at age 4), she totally understood God's plan for humanity and seemed to realize the depth of what Jesus had done just for her. She could explain it all to you, and I was convinced that she was aware enough to make that decision for her life. But Josh is a bit different. He doesn't NEED to know all the details. He just wants Jesus. It doesn't matter to him why God has a set of rules that no one can follow perfectly. It doesn't matter that God had a plan all along to bring glory to His Son by offering Himself as our Savior. The details don't matter to Josh. What matters to him is that he loves Jesus and wants Him in his life forever. And I think that's beautiful. So Ben and I helped him pray last night, and his name is now written forever in the Book of Life!

I'm still in tears. What a beautiful little boy! What a beautiful Redeemer! What a joy it is to see my children accept Our Savior's love and grace so early in life!

Praise God!

No comments: