I've been tagged by a friend of mine who was an intern at the church I attend (until he up and left us for a pastoring job at some other church. But who am I to talk. I'm about to move all the way up to the Rockies!).
Here's what you have to do...
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Link back to the person who tagged you.
6. Tag five people.
Now you gotta cut me some slack. I'm in the middle of packing. Most all my books are sufficating in boxes right now. Poor things. I do have a few books out, but they're mostly homeschool curriculum workbooks and little chapter books, like The Boxcar Children series and stuff. So I moseyed over to my bathroom to find my book o' choice.
1. Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis
2. Ugh. I have to cheat again because page 123 in my book is a chapter heading page and says nothing on it but DUST - Movement 5. So I'm going to go with page 124. Forgive me.
3. "They realized that something much bigger was going on here, involving them and the people around them and all of creation."
4. "Something involving God making peace with the world and creation being reclaimed and everything in heaven and earth being brougt back into harmony with its Creator. But before all the big language and grand claims, the story of Jesus was about a Jewish man, living in a Jewish region among Jewish people, calling people back to the way of the Jewish God. When I first began to realize that Jesus wasd Jewish, I thought, No way; he was a Christian."
5. There ya go, Chris.
6. Can't wait to hear what you all are reading: Jennifer, Amanda, Grace, Jenn, and Danielle.
(I don't actually know Danielle. But I seriously adore her, and I commented on her blog once so maybe, just maybe she'll realize that I've tagging her someday.)