Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Carpets and Stud-finders

I feel very studly today because I hired a great guy to install carpet in our condo. I'm officially going with all carpet. No laminate.

yeah me. yeah condo. yeah great guy!

We're in the process of updating some things here since we're moving to Colorado and need to sell the place. I've been all over the map trying to decide how to re-floor everything. (We've lived here 4 years, and I've potty trained two kids here. There's homemade playdough and Kool-aid ground into this carpet. yuck!)

I had originally thought that I'd just re-carpet, but then I saw some prices for wood laminate and thought that I could do that. And since it was sort of expensive, I determined that I would lay it myself. (yeah, I know) Then as I got more and more overwhelmed with the prospect, I figured that I could put down laminate in some areas and carpet in others. As the cost kept increasing, I knew I had to have another plan. I'm so relieved to know that my floors will look great and that I don't have so much on my plate now. Packing and painting is enough, if you ask me. :)

I had found some ok deals, some really awful deals and then this one. And I almost cancelled on the poor guy. I called him this morning to tell him not to bother coming by because I had seen a really good deal last night. But I was intrigued by his persistance. Especially when he said he could match or beat said good deal. So he came to measure and gave me a great price. I am completely confident that I will not find a better deal out there right now. I am so happy with this guy and his company. And as icing on the cake, it's a Christian business. I'm happy to support them.

Hubby called a bit ago and is looking at houses. We've found one we really like. He's filling out the application as I type...

I also was treated today to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch as a sort of 'thank you' for all the writing I've done for the church. The kiddos got to come along and everything. While us grown ups were having a wonderful talk, the kids were playing in the mud. Seriously. There's a little sand pit with a playground outside. I told the kids that they could play on the playground equipment if they stayed out of the mud puddles. After about twenty or so minutes of lovely adult conversation, I look over and see them sitting in the water. No kidding. I got them changed in the bathroom (I ALWAYS pack an extra set of clothes for the kids because my theory is "You just never know), and I put the filthy clothes in the trunk as the kids walked without shoes to the car. Honestly, it didn't faze me. And don't tell them this, but secretly, I actually kind of think my kids are super cool for enjoying that sort of thing. :)

No comments: