Wednesday, December 30, 2009

tagged

My sis in law tagged her readers. So here we go.

1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
A migraine. Wrigleys Orbit White Sugarfree Gum in Bubblemint. Bananas and a bag of apples.

2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?
Twitter. Jon minus Kate.

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?
raw photographs. poetry. wrinkles. brussel sprouts. the brine smell of a coastal town. sewing with felt. hand me downs. toilet humor. baked goods. spoilers. robin's egg blue. the feel of a good paperback in my hands. blogs by crafty ladies who live in portland (apparently there are many, and I hope to someday join them)

4. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
balsalmic. and feta. and red onion. and tomatoes. and sweet peppers. and edamame. maybe a little lettuce.

5. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Make people laugh. Or make them think. And take pretty pictures. (stolen from sis in law)

6. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you?
If I remember correctly, the doctors had told them that I was supposed to be a boy. I don't remember if they had a boy name picked out. But my name is a shortened version of Elizabeth from the bible.

7. What in your life are you waiting for?
healing. and for the snow to melt. not necessarily in that order.

8. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
I'm supposed to get a package today of books, from me to me.

9. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today?
I will smell them first to make sure I don't make anyone pass out. If they pass that test, and are warm enough, I will grudgingly exchange my pjs for them.

If you've read this, consider yourself tagged. :)

No comments: