Thursday, December 10, 2009

Howdy Ya'll!!

Growing up in Texas, I wasn't a fan of the Texas accent. I'm not sure why I didn't like it, but I didn't want my own voice to carry it. I worked hard to make my voice as inconspicuous as I possibly could. I've had people my whole life ask me where I'm from because they didn't think that I'd grown up in Texas, which in fact, I had.

But now that I'm living in Colorado, I get people asking me all the time which Southern state I'm from. Because apparently.....I have an accent. And it's a doozy!

Last night at Awana, one of my Cubbies didn't have a crown to decorate, so I went to the leaders in another room to ask if I could take one of theirs. They were confused until I reached for the crowns. They all laughed and said that they thought I was asking for a Crayon and were wondering what I would need with one crayon. I briefly thought about breaking out in a line dance, but I thought better of it.

Yeehaw!!

No comments: