Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring is Here!

Now I'm a Fall/Autumn girl, through and through, but who doesn't love it when they start seeing green again?! And when they can start playing in the backyard everyday for hours on end?! And when flip flops become the go-to shoe for everywhere?!!

When we left our house Friday morning to take Gillie to school, we saw this:


And I got so excited. That is, until I also saw this:

but ya know what? I don't care! It's just more color in the fields!

The kids and I spent a bunch of time outdoors today playing. We were supposed to have a playdate yesterday, but they called and cancelled because they weren't feeling so good. We were also supposed to have a playdate today, but they also called and cancelled due to illness. Stupid colds and upset stomachs. I sure hope everyone feels better soon, but I wasn't about to let that stop us from spending some time playing together.

So we played today. Jack was especially cute.


And Gillie took a fun series of shots. I love these! I didn't ask her to do this. She's just naturally that good. :)

I took these next two shots in the same light as the rest, but MAN did they turn out cool! I don't know what I did wrong, but if this is what I get when I'm wrong, I don't want to be right. :)


Just guess who's holding all this mud!
Is it Josh?
Is it Jack?
Is it Gillie?
Yup! It's my prissy daughter!!
And here is my backyard through my eyes...

Happy Spring!!

No comments: