Saturday, July 05, 2008

Ka-BOOM!

Once, just once, I wish God would make Himself aurally heard in this country. Last night, as I was snuggling with my sleeping son on my lap, away from the crowds, as our family and some friends watched fireworks over the lake, I couldn’t help but look up at the crisp, clear sky through the mountains. It was perfect. You could see the stars, the air was cool and refreshing, and people were whooping and hollering when bursts of red, white and blue would illuminate the sky.

Last night across America, many of us had our eyes fixed on the sky. I couldn’t help thinking how cool it would be if, after the big finale of any given fireworks show, God pried apart the sky, stuck His face through and yelled, “BOOM!”

I do realize that God is not just the God of America, so I know it’s silly to think that God would do that on the Fourth of July, but I still thought it would be cool.

No comments: