Tuesday, January 18, 2011

post, darnit, post!

I think often about this little ol' blog.  This poor, neglected blog.  But I can't ever think of what to write anymore.

sooooo...

how are you guys? 

My 2 year old went #2 in the potty for the first time this morning.  Made my day.  Now can you see why I have nothing to write about?  Poop.  Makes.  My.  Day.

sigh.

On another note, I'm keeping up with writing my list of 1000 things to be grateful for.  And I'm thanking God for more and more everyday things as I notice them.  The other day I thanked God three seperate times before I had even gotten out of bed.  Are you joining me in coming up with 1000 things you are grateful for?  If so, isn't it the best?!  If not, what are you waiting for?

Last Friday was our 9th anniversary.  My husband and I went out and had sushi.  It was bliss.  Raw fish bliss.  Raw fish does it for us.  We are raw fish junkies.  Oh so good.  It's been an adventurous 9 years.  It hasn't been easy for either one of us.  But we love each other and so we try really hard.  and it's worth it.  and we've learned so much about each other and ourselves.  When I said my vows years ago, I had no idea what I was signing up for.  I can't even begin to imagine life without my husband.  I love that man so freaking much.  I'm so glad he comes home to me every day.  He has taught me so much in our 9 years together.  Mostly that I can be a selfish brat who judges first and apologizes later.  Way later.  After being bitter has run its course.  We've both been slow in opening up to each other.  I think mostly because we're still trying to discover ourselves.  And it's hard to define something that is still growing.  and we've both been hurt so we're stingy with our hearts.  Afraid of getting hurt again.  But we're slowing letting go and realizing that our spouse will take good care of us.  I am excited to see what the next 9 years brings and to see how far we've grown {together} in that time.

Guess that's it for now.  Have a great day.

No comments: