Friday, November 12, 2010

Online Usborne Book Fair!

 I want to let you know that I am having an online Usborne book fair with proceeds going toward Brianna's adoption fund.  As I'm sure you can imagine, it is expensive to adopt, and I am always floored with the creativity that goes into raising funds for these adoptions.  I mean, you get to buy really, really great books AND help this precious family bring home their beautiful daughters - Genius!!!!

Click here to browse and order (your order will be shipped directly to you).  Everything you order using this link benefits Brianna's adoption! Shop for Christmas, birthdays, school, you name it!

I ordered 4 books recently, and they were delivered last week.  We LOVE them!!!  I've been reading this one about Greek Myths to my kids almost every night since.  And today, we took this book on how to draw robots and aliens, a pad of paper and some pencils to the doctor's office so the bigger kids would have something to do instead of interrupting everything I or the doctor had to say.  It worked brilliantly!!!  (Jack just has a little cold, thanks for asking.) 

I sure wish I had had this book of activities on our drive to Texas this summer.  And how about this cookbook for kids of recipes from around the world?  What a great way to teach your kids about other parts of the world AND to cook!  Gillian has her eye on this one about drawing mermaids and faeries, and Josh is interested in this one on how things work.  Needless to say, I have a huge list of books that I want from Usborne.  The quality is amazing, and my kids love them.  What more could you ask?!

If you want some more recommendations, you can pop on over here to my sister in law's blog to see what she's using.  She's an Usborne consultant, and it's through her that I'm having this sale.  So fun!  You can click on my name (Shapiro) at the bottom of her post to be directed to my sale.  Happy shopping! 

No comments: