Monday, August 23, 2010

oh hi there.

yea yea yea. it feels like it's been decades since I last posted. since then, I've taken my kids down for a trip to Houston to see my brother get married. Went fishing with my kids and my dad and watched my son reel in 5 out of the 7 fish that were caught that day! *so coooool!* and school has now officially started.

oh and there was this nasty little thing that happened. maybe because I told one of my old pastors in Dallas that I felt like I was on a plateau with God, like I wasn't drawing near to Him and He wasn't drawing near to me. Perhaps it was just me who wasn't making any effort, whatsoever, and I want to think that God wanted to shake things up a bit. But that's more likely a highly narcissistic outlook and not one that God would approve of. Not that He doesn't like to light a few fires under people's butts sometimes to remind them of what is truly important in the grand scheme of things. It's just that my situation isn't probably one of them.

And yet, it has turned me from what I WAS finding general comfort and ease in and has forced me to beg Him to let me into His presence just so that I can feel cared about and loved and noticed. (see how ridiculously needy I am? sigh) I just wasn't acknowledging Him at all in my daily life, and now I CAN'T go 24 hours without crawling up into His lap and experiencing His love.

I'm not going to go into detail. But I have learned a few things recently and want to share. From Ecclesiastes to CS Lewis. I will soon be posting an entry that has a LOT of CS Lewis in it. I just finished reading The Problem of Pain, and it was extraordinary. I have so many little ideas and quotes that I want to share. But today is not that day.

Soon.

No comments: