Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mommy Moments

The other day, we were all driving to Denver for a birthday party when Gillian asked me about how babies get made.

She asked "Mom, how did you make Jack?"

I shot a 'uh oh!' look to Ben, who was sucking in his lips to keep from smiling, and then said, "God took a little bit of me and little bit of Dad and used those ingredients to make Jack."

"Yeah yeah, mom. You've told me that. But how did those ingredients get in you?"

oh crap!

"God's pretty crafty. He knows exactly how to get what He needs to make babies in their mommies."

I crossed my fingers and whispered a silent plea, "please let that be enough. pleeeease!"

"mmmmooooooomm!"

ah, nuts. ok, time to bring out the big guns.

"I'll tell you when you're older."

"You mean when you'll tell me about those pads you wear in your panties?"

gulp.

"yep. I'll tell you about both of those things later."

time to turn up the radio. really loud.

1 comment:

Chris Freeland said...

I just had a "laugh out loud" moment, which rarely happens when I'm reading. Too funny.