Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Beginnings


Today, Miss Gillian started her very first day of school. She was so excited. Last Friday we had Open House and met her teacher. Her teacher seems very sweet and patient, so I know Gillie will like her. I think Josh is having a harder time than any of us. He's so used to following his big sister around. We're about to make chocolate chip cookies together. We've already hung out in the garage with popsicles and rode our bikes down the street. I'm trying to make it a fun time for him since he's feeling a bit left out.

This morning, before dropping her off, I had another doctor's appointment for the baby. Everything is moving along perfectly. I'm surprised how relaxed I've been throughout the whole pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I've had my moments, but for the most part, I'm just cruising right through this. We scheduled the day Jack will be delivered - Oct. 14th. We are very excited.

This past Friday, my dad, stepmom and stepsister flew up for a visit. My dad had never been to Colorado, and I was extremely eager to show off our new beautiful scenery. But it decided to pour rain the whole time they were here. Oh well. We had planned on taking them hiking and to the Falls, but with everything muddy and slick, we knew we had to come up with a Plan B. And we would've needed another plan anyway because my sweet Alyssa fell on my stairs and got a pretty nasty sprained ankle! We did drive into Georgetown and had Colorado-style pizza at BeauJo's in Idaho Springs. Poor Alyssa just hobbled the whole way. It was really nice to see them, and I hope that next time they can stay longer, the weather will cooperate more and that no one gets injured! Here's a pic of me with the fam above Georgetown.

No comments: