Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Let's Hear It For the BOYS!

Yippie! I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out that we are having a BOY! I am so excited. My mom and stepdad had flown in to Colorado that morning and were able to attend the ultrasound. That was very special to me. They are here to celebrate their anniversary and are spending a few days with us before they run off to be the cute little love birds that they are.

So I am just over the moon about our little Jack. Yeah, that's his name. It's funny trying to come up with a middle name for the name Jack. Honestly, my first favorite was Jack Daniel, but I just couldn't do that to him. It was suggested that we name him Jack Sprat, Jack Deripper, Jack Sparrow, Jack Indabox, Youdunno Jack, and Captain Jack. I really liked Jack Kerouac, but was promptly vetoed by hubby who obviously just doesn't understand the sheer coolness of a name like that. :)

We have settled on a name. Most of my friends know it already. But at the wise advice of my friend Chris, we're not telling.

I love ultrasounds. It is fascinating to see your little sugarface before he comes out. We got some cute profile pics of him with his mouth wide open. We got a straight on face shot where you can actually see one of his eyeballs (totally Martian. very weird looking!). Also for most of the time, his legs were up over his head. He was folded over like a pretzel. Hey, whatever works. I'm a lot more flexible when floating around in liquid too. And we got several shots that completely and utterly assure us that he is a HE. Jack is not a shy one, that's for sure. :)

I've been having a great deal more movement recently. I L O V E that. I'm one of those crazies that wouldn't mind having a heartbeat monitor on for the first half of the pregnancy just to make sure everything is still A-Ok in there. I could never have a home birth. I imagine it's lovely to be surrounded by all your familiar, comfortable things. But I NEED the monitors telling me everything's going alright. I NEED to assess the looks of the nurses when they come in to check on us. I NEED to know that if something goes wrong for whatever reason, I don't have to waste time driving to the hospital, registering and waiting to be seen. They will be on me like a squeals at a New Kids on the Block concert (yes, even the reunion shows.). I just NEED all that reassurance. I just can't get comfortable without it. So I love all the movements. It helps to reassure me that Jack is alright.

Today, my folks, kiddos and I are heading out to walk among some local waterfalls and do some hiking. My family loves spending time outdoors, and my kids think time with Gramie and Papaw is way better than Disneyland! So we're all sure to have a blast.

Here's to summer! Get out and enjoy yourselves.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Lisa - congrats on the baby boy!! I really like the name Jack as well.