Thursday, May 22, 2008

Before and After




Aahh. Now that's better. Our backyard still needs a lot of work, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. I also pulled weeds in our front yard and mowed it too. I enjoy mowing, always have. I do not, however, like pulling weeds. yuck. We have soooo many birds in our yard this morning. They're so happy they can see the ground again.
Our yard's not the only thing that got cut yesterday. Last night, in an attempt to stay cooler this summer while pregnant, I cut off 4-5 inches of my hair. It's still below my shoulders, but it might not stay that way for long. I have a style in mind, but I just couldn't wait any longer for a haircut appointment and had to get some of that heat-absorbing length off. I also moved our little fan to my nightstand instead of all the way across the room on the dresser. And I was still burning up! You'd think that the little person being formed in my 98.6 degree womb would be warmer than mom, but I'm starting to think it's not possible.
It's nice and overcast today, we the kids and I might do our school work out there this morning. After we make these really cute rainbow swirly cookies that I found a recipe for while looking for kids' crafts. yum.

No comments: