Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Birthday!



Wow! I can't believe it's been five years since my daughter Gillian was born. I remember her birth so vividly. I've been looking through old pictures and am just marvelling at her life. What a transformation we've all gone through!

We're about to run out to enjoy some ice cream and a trip to the library, and then some family is coming over later this evening for brownies and more ice cream. This weekend her friends and more family are coming together for a Princess Party. You all must know by now that I'm crazy ambitious. I'm almost finished making her a candy necklace chandelier to hang above her table of goodies for the party. I'll post pictures when it's complete. I had thought that the idea was so brilliant of me and that I would launch a whole line of chandeliers made of various items like sea shells, dominos and dice, coral and other small trinkets as a business venture. But it is HARD work! My hubby is trying to figure out how to design a machine that will do most of the work for me. But for now, it's going to remain "this great idea I had once."

Anyway, if you knew me at any time in my past, you'd know what a miracle it is that I've kept a kid alive for 5 whole years. Now that's some evidence for the existance of God if I've ever seen any!

So let's see - Around age 5, school starts, baby teeth start the process of being replaced by your adult chompers... Lots of milestones for her to go hurtling across. What joy!

1 comment:

Chris Freeland said...

Tell Mary Lou I said "Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy birthday."