I’ve been tagged. I was asked to share 7 little known facts about myself and then ‘tag’ 7 others. The only problem is trying to come up with 7 things my blabber mouth hasn’t already told you all!
- Books have always been like a security blanket to me. When I was young, I carried a Hello Kitty suitcase filled to capacity with Nancy Drew Mysteries everywhere I went. (I still have the suitcase, but not the books.) Today you still won’t find me without a book nearby. I should just have “Mere Christianity” surgically attached somewhere.
- Tori Amos invited me backstage one evening after one of her concerts. We sat and talked for quite a long time. I used to worship her. (You’re wondering if “worship” is the right word, aren’t you? Well, I was praying one night right after I became a Christian, and I ended it with “In Tori’s Name, Amen.” Oh yeah, I had it bad.)
- I have eaten monkey brains right out of the skull. I don’t remember any of the details, but I saw a picture from the dinner once, so I know it happened. (I don’t know what was put in my pipe that night, but it must have been STRONG!)
- My very favorite ice cream flavors are chocolate chip cookie dough and anything coffee flavored. No nuts! I’m nuts enough as it is.
- I have stayed in about a dozen mental hospitals. I was not an intern.
- When I was younger, I used to dream of having 15 kids. Now, I have two amazing kiddos and wish I could adopt more. But I’m thinking numerous stays at mental hospitals isn’t going to look too “parental” on adoption applications. There’s never one of those boxes to check on the applications that says “Got God – all better now” that would nullify all the scary answers.
- During my senior year in high school, I was drum major of the marching band, president of the Texas Association of Future Educators, and French club publicity officer (I think). I was a member of the National Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta (a math excellence group). I won the Semper Fidelis award from the Marines for my work in Band, and all kinds of other honorable things. There were also a few non-honorable things that I think I’m just going to keep to myself. HA!
Consider yourself tagged:
John M. (write anything – it doesn’t have to be this.) :)
Jenn I. (can’t I re-tag you again since you have oodles of blogs?)